CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 10 s-Block Elements MCQs
These CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 10 s-Block Elements MCQs are prepared by our Chemistry Expert. By practicing following MCQs, students will be able to quickly revise all the concepts of the CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 10 s-Block Elements MCQs. Additionally, CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 10 s-Block Elements MCQs will be helpful for JEE And NEET Aspirants.
Refer to our Chemistry 10 s-Block Elements MCQs for scoring Excellent Marks in your Exams.
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 10 s-Block Elements MCQs (SET A)
1. All alkali metal superoxides contain the [O2–] ion. They are
(B) colored compounds
(C) oxidizing agents
(D) all of these
Answer: All of these.
2. As compared to potassium, sodium has
(A) Lower electronegativity
(B) Higher ionization potential
(C) Larger atomic radius
(D) Lower melting point
Answer: Higher ionization potential.
3. Which of the following is not true?
(A) The reducing power of groups 2 elements increases down the group.
(B) Be has the most negative standard reduction potential.
(C) The magnesium cation is more easily reduced than the cations of the heavier members of the group
Answer: Be has the most negative standard reduction potential.
4. Which of the following compounds is highly soluble in water ?
5. Potassium carbonate cannot be made by the Solvay process because
(A) potassium hydrogen carbonate is unstable
(B) potassium hydrogen carbonate is rather too soluble in water to be precipitated
(C) potassium carbonate is insoluble in water
(D) potassium carbonate is soluble in water
Answer: potassium hydrogen carbonate is rather too soluble in water to be precipitated.
6. Plaster of Paris, a white powder, is-
(D) CaSO4. H2O
7. On passing excess of CO2 in lime water, its milky appearance disappears because –
(A) Soluble Ca(OH)2 is formed
(B) Soluble Ca(HCO3)2 is formed
(C) Reaction becomes reversible
(D) Calcium compound evaporated.
Answer: Soluble Ca(HCO3)2 is formed.
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 10 s-Block Elements MCQs (SET B)
1. In the preparation of sodium carbonate which of the following is used-
(A) Slaked lime
(B) Lime stone
(D) Quick lime
Answer: Lime stone
2. When chlorine is passed slow over dry slaked lime Ca(OH)2 at room temperature, the main product is
3. Ca2+ ions play an important role in
(i) neuromuscular function
(ii) interneuronal transmission
(iii) cell membrane integrity
(iv) blood coagulation
(A) (i), (ii)
(B) (ii), (iii)
(C) (ii), (iii), (iv)
(D) (i), (ii), (iii), (iv)
Answer: (i), (ii), (iii), (iv).
4. Which of the following is not hygroscopic-
5. Which metal easily give H2 gas when reacts with NaOH
6. The % abundance of elements in the human body
(A) K > Fe > Cu
(B) Cu > Fe > K
(C) Fe > Cu > K
(D) K > Cu > Fe
Answer: K > Fe > Cu.
7. Which of the following compound will remain in dissolved state in NH3-NH4Cl(aq) solution:-
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 10 s-Block Elements MCQs (SET C)
1. Which is incorrect for Solvay process:-
(A) NH3 is reused
(B) CaCl2 is one of final product
(C) Na2CO3 is partially changed into NaHCO3
(D) CaCO3 is consumed
Answer: Na2CO3 is partially changed into NaHCO3.
2. Find the pair can’t exist in solution ?
(A) NaHCO3 and NaOH
(B) Na2CO3 and NaOH
(C) Na2CO3 and NaCl
(D) NaHCO3 and NaCl
Answer: NaHCO3 and NaOH.
3. At anode in the electrolysis of fused NaCl:
(A) Na+ is oxidised
(B) Cl– is oxidized
(C) Cl– is reduced
(D) Na+ is reduced
Answer: Cl– is oxidized.
4. Which alkali metal on flame test gives red violet colour
5. In presence of iron, alkali metal react with liquid ammonia and form
(A) Metal mixture + H2
(B) Iron metal mixture + H2
(C) Metal mixture
(D) Metal amide + H2
Answer: Metal amide + H2.
6. Photoelectric effect is maximum in
7. Which is used in purification of air in the space craft.
(A) Slaked lime
(B) Quick lime
(C) Potassium superoxide
Answer: Potassium superoxide.
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 10 s-Block Elements MCQs (SET D)
1. Potassium superoxide is used in oxygen cylinders of space craft as it –
(A) Absorbs O2
(B) Eliminate moisture
(C) Absorbs CO2 and increases O2 content
(D) Forms o
Answer: Absorbs CO2 and increases O2 content.
2. 𝐻 − 𝐻 bond strength is
(A) 436 𝐾𝑐𝑎𝑙 𝑚𝑜𝑙𝑒−1
(B) 436 𝐾𝐽 𝑚𝑜𝑙𝑒−1
(C) 436 𝑐𝑎𝑙/𝑚𝑜𝑙𝑒𝑐𝑢𝑙𝑒
(D) 436 𝐽/𝑚𝑜𝑙𝑒𝑐𝑢𝑙𝑒
Answer: 436 𝐾𝐽 𝑚𝑜𝑙𝑒−1.
3. Water softening by Clark’s process uses
4. Heavy water is used in nuclear reactor as
(B) Source of 𝛼 − particle
(D) Source of neutrons
5. The Volume strength of 2.0 𝑁𝐻2𝑂2 solution is
6. In laboratory H2O2 is prepared by
(A) Cold 𝐻2𝑆𝑂4 + 𝐵𝑎𝑂2
(B) 𝐻𝐶𝑙 + 𝐵𝑎𝑂2
(C) Conc. 𝐻2𝑆𝑂4+𝑁𝑎2𝑂2
(D) 𝐻2 + 𝑂2
Answer: Cold 𝐻2𝑆𝑂4 + 𝐵𝑎𝑂2.
7. Amount of 𝐻2𝑂2 present in 1L of 1.5 𝑁 𝐻2𝑂2 solution is
(A) 8 g
(B) 3 g
(C) 2.5 g
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 10 s-Block Elements MCQs (SET E)
1. Plaster of Paris in contact with water sets into a hard mass, the composition of hard mass is
2. Which of the following does not exist in solid state?
3. On adding excess of NaOH solution to aluminum hydroxide solution, we obtain
(A) Precipitate of Al(OH)3
(B) Solution containing Na2AlO2
(C) Solution containing NaAlO2
(D) Mixture of Al(OH)3 and NaAlO2
Answer: Solution containing NaAlO2.
4. Which of the following carbonate decompose on heating to evolve CO2?
5. Brick red colour of flame test is given by
6. As compared to K, Na has
(A) higher ionization potential
(B) lower melting point
(C) lower electronegativity
(D) larger atomic radius
Answer: higher ionization potential.
7. Be shows the diagonal relationship with
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 10 s-Block Elements MCQs (SET F)
1. Sodium bicarbonate has:
(A) Ionic bond
(B) Covalent bond
(C) Hydrogen bond
(D) All of these
Answer: All of these.
2. For the alkali metals, which of the following increases with increasing atomic number?
(A) First ionization energy
(C) Hydration energy of the univalent ion
(D) Atomic radius
Answer: Atomic radius.
3. What is the colour of barium?
(A) brick red
(C) apple green
Answer: apple green.
We hope you liked our CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 10 s-Block Elements MCQs. If you have any queries regarding CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 10 s-Block Elements MCQs, drop a comment below and we will reply to you at the earliest.
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 7 Ionic Equilibrium MCQs
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 11 p-Block MCQs
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 7 Chemical Equilibrium MCQs