Geography chapter 6 of class 10 : Manufacturing Industries. All 1 Mark Questions are covered of chapter Manufacturing industries. These 1 Mark questions of chapter Manufacturing industries will cover whole summary of the chapter.
Generally, marks are detected in One Mark Questions in social science. Centurion Knowledge will provide you All expected 1 Mark Questions from all chapters. Class 10 sst notes here !
Chapter Manufacturing Industries 1 Mark Questions
The One Mark Questions of Chapter Manufacturing Industries also covers objective type Questions and MCQs based questions of this chapter. Moreover, these Questions also covers one word questions/answers and Very Short answers. These are about 70 One Mark questions of chapter Manufacturing Industries.
Chapter : Manufacturing Industries
1 Mark Questions
1) Define Manufacturing.
Answer: Processing of raw material to produce valuable products in huge quantities.
2) How industrilists help in reducing regional disparities ?
Answer: By developing their industries in tribal and remote areas.
3) “Industries and agricultural sector are not aloof of each other”. Justify the statement.
Answer: Agriculture provide raw materials to Industries. Industries provide their finished products to Agricultural sector.
4) What is full form of NMCC ?
Answer: National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council.
5) Name the factors which affect Industrial location.
Answer: Urbanization, availability of raw material, market place.
6) On the basis of source of raw material, Industries are classified into which categories ?
Answer: Agro – based Industries and Mineral – based Industries.
7) On the grounds of capital investment, Industries are classified into which categories ?
Answer: Large scale industries and small scale industries.
8) What are basic Industries ?
Answer: These Industries supply their finished products to produce other products.
Chapter Manufacturing Industries most important 1 Mark questions
9) Give one example of joint sector Industries.
Answer: Oil india limited (OIL).
10) Name any two cooperative sector Industries in India.
Answer: Sugar industry in Maharashtra and Coir industry in Kerala.
11) How much textile industry contributed towards total industrial production ?
Answer: 14% to Industrial production.
12) How much foreign exchange is brought by textile industry in India ?
13) Which industry in India is self reliant and completes its value chain?
Answer: Textile industry.
14) When was first successful cotton mill established in India?
Answer: The first successful cotton mill was established at mumbai in 1854.
15) Which Industry provide a living to farmers and workers ?
Answer: Cotton Industry.
16) Name the challenges faced by cotton industry in India?
Answer: low output of labour,competition with synthetic fibres, power supply is erratic.
17) Which country is largest producer of semi jute ( raw jute) and jute products?
18) Which country is largest exporter of jute goods ?
Most important 1 Mark questions of Chapter Manufacturing Industries
19) When was first jute mill established in India?
Answer: The first jute mill was established at Rishta in 1859.
Join Us On Telegram
20) In which region of India,most jute Mills are located ?
Answer: Hugli river basin area.
21) When was National jute policy introduced in India?
Frequently asked 1 Mark questions of chapter Manufacturing Industries
22) Give one feature of National jute policy ?
Answer: It increased internal demand due to government policy of jute packaging.
23) What is india’s rank in production of sugar ?
24) Which country is largest producer of khandsari and Gur ?
25) Which Industry is ideally appropriate to cooperative sector?
Answer: Sugar industry.
26) Name the challenges faced by sugar industry .
Answer: Seasonal nature of industry and transport delay in reaching cane to factories.
27) Which metal is used to harden the Steel ?
28) Write the ratio of required materials to make the steel.
Answer: Iron ore (4) : Coking coal (2): limestone (1).
29) Which country is largest producer of sponge iron?
One word questions and answers of Chapter Manufacturing Industries
30) Which country is largest producer of steel?
31) Which country is largest consumer of steel ?
32) Write the full form of SAIL.
Answer: Steel Authority of India limited.
33) Where you would find maximum concentration of iron and steel industries?
Answer: Chota Nagpur plateau.
34) Name the challenges faced by Iron and steel industries.
Answer: Lower productivity of labour and Irregular supply of energy.
35) Name any two factors which gave boast to iron and steel industry.
Answer: Foreign direct investment and Liberalisation.
36) Which industry gained popularity in subsitute of steel ?
Answer: Aluminium Smelting Industry.
37) Which Metallic ore is needed for aluminium smelting industry ?
Objective type questions of chapter Manufacturing Industries
38) How much chemical industry contributed to India’s GDP ?
Answer: 3% of total GDP.
39) Name the inorganic chemicals produced by Chemical industry.
Answer: Nitric acid, Phosphoric acid and Carbonic acid.
40) Name the organic chemicals produced by Chemical industry.
Answer: Petrochemicals and synthetic rubber.
41) Which Industry is own it’s largest consumer ?
Answer: Chemical industry.
42) “Chemical industry is own it’s largest consumer”. Justify the statement.
Answer: Basic chemicals undergo processing to produce further other chemicals.
43) Which Metallic compounds are imported in India ?
Answer: Potassium compounds.
44) Which revolution gave a boast to fertilizer industry?
Answer: Green Revolution.
45) Name the raw materials required by cement industry.
Answer: limestone, silica and Gypsum.
46) Why most cement industry are located in Gujarat ?
Answer: Because at Gujarat ,there is suitable acess to market in gulf countries.
47) Where was first cement plant established?
Answer: First cement industry was established at Chennai in 1904.
48) Name the factor which led to rapid growth of cement industry in India?
Answer: Decontrol of price.
49) Which Industry is doing well in terms of export and production?
Answer: Cement industry.
50) Which industry experiences a quantum jump in terms of growth in last 15 years?
Answer: Automobile industry.
51) Which city in India emerged as a electronic capital of India ?
Extra One word questions and answers of chapter Manufacturing Industries
52) How much percentage of women’s are employed in Information technological industry?
Answer: 30% of total people employed.
53) What is full form of BPO?
Answer: Business Processing Outsourcing.
54) Name the key factors which led to success of IT industry in India.
Answer: Continuous growth in hardware and software are key factors.
Industrial pollution (One Mark questions of chapter Manufacturing Industries)
55) Which Industries are main culprits towards air pollution?
Answer: Paper, pulp and chemical industries.
56) Name the four major solid wastes that are thrown in water.
Answer: Fly Ash,Phospo-Gypsum, iron and Steel slags.
57) What is cause of thermal pollution?
Answer: The main cause is when hot water is discharged into rivers,lakes and dams.
58) What are consequences of Noise pollution?
Answer: They are sources of stress. They can cause hearing impairment.
Conservation Measures (one word questions of chapter Manufacturing Industries)
59) By which means , Primary treatment can be done?
Answer: By Mechanical means.
60) What does mechanical means involve?
Answer: These involve flocculation and grinding.
61) By which means, Secondary treatment can be done?
Answer: By Biological means.
62) By which means, Tertiary treatment can be done?
Answer: By chemical, physical and biological means.
63) What does Tertiary treatment involve?
Answer: This involve recycling of water.
64) How smoke can be reduced in Industries?
Answer: Smoke can be reduced by using oil instead of coal.
65) How air particulate materials can be reduced in Industries?
Answer: Electrostatic precipitators,fabric filters, scrubbers and Inertial separators can be used.
66) How noise pollution can be reduced in Industries?
Answer: Noise absorbing materials should be used.
67) Name the Iron and Steel plant of Karnataka ?
Name the two iron and Steel plants of southern India.
Answer: Vijayanagar and Bhardravati.
68) Name the Public sector steel plant located in chhatisgarh.
Answer: Bhilai Steel plant.
69) Where railway diesel engines are manufactured in Uttar Pradesh ?
Chapter Manufacturing Industries 1 Mark Questions Conclusion
Manufacturing Industries chapter 6 of geography One Mark Questions above.In this Article, we covered the summary of chapter Manufacturing industries through One Mark Questions.
If you have more than your need ,then simply share it with those who need it.