Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs
These CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs are prepared by our Chemistry Expert. By practicing following MCQs, students will be able to quickly revise all the concepts of the CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs. Additionally, CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs will be helpful for JEE And NEET Aspirants.
Refer to our Chemistry class 11 MCQs for scoring Excellent Marks in your Exams.
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs (SET A)
1. If the bond has zero percent ionic character, the bond is:
(A) Pure covalent
(B) Partial covalent
(C) Partial ionic
(D) Coordinate covalent
Answer: Pure covalent.
2. The shape of ClO^4− ion is:
(A) Square planar
(B) Square pyramidal
(D) Trigonal bipyramidal
3. Which one is correct?
(A) Dinitrogen is paramagnetic
(B) Dihydrogen is paramagnetic
(C) Dioxygen is paramagnetic
(D) Dioxygen is diamagnetic
Answer: Dioxygen is paramagnetic.
4. If a molecule 𝑀𝑋3 has zero dipole moment the sigma bonding orbitals used by 𝑀(at. no. < 21) is:
(A) Pure 𝑝
5. OF2 is:
(A) Linear molecule and 𝑠𝑝-hybridized
(B) Tetrahedral molecule and 𝑠𝑝3-hybridized
(C) Bent molecule and 𝑠𝑝3-hybridized
(D) None of the above
Answer: Bent molecule and 𝑠𝑝3-hybridize.
6. Bond order of 1.5 is shown by:
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs (SET B)
1. Concept of bond order in the molecular orbital theory depends on the number of electrons in the bonding and antibonding orbitals. The bond order:
(A) Can have a −ve value
(B) Has always an integral value
(C) Is a non-zero quantity
(D) Can assume any +ve value
Answer: Can assume any +ve value.
2. The pair having similar geometry is:
(D) BCl3, PCl3
3. The structure of ICl^2− is:
(C) Square planar
(D) Distorted trigonal bipyramid
Answer: Distorted trigonal bipyramid.
4. Find which one of the following has not triangular pyramidal shape?
5. Which atomic orbital is always involved in sigma bonding only?
6. A 𝜋-bond is formed by sideways overlapping of:
(A) 𝑠-𝑠 orbitals
(B) 𝑝-𝑝 orbitals
(C) 𝑠-𝑝 orbitals
(D) 𝑠-𝑝-𝑠 orbitas
Answer: 𝑝-𝑝 orbitals.
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs (SET C)
1. Which of the following are not correct?
(A) Lone pair of electrons
(B) Dipole moment is vector quantity
(C) CO2 molecule has dipole moment
Answer: CO2 molecule has dipole moment.
2. Carbon atoms in C2(CN)4 are:
(C) 𝑠𝑝-and 𝑠𝑝2- hybridized
(D) 𝑠𝑝, 𝑠𝑝2 and 𝑠𝑝3-hybridized
Answer: 𝑠𝑝-and 𝑠𝑝2- hybridized.
3. The example of the 𝑝-𝑝-orbital overlapping is the formation of:
(A) H2 molecule
(B) Cl2 molecule
(C) Hydrogen chloride
(D) Hydrogen bromide molecule
Answer: Cl2 molecule.
4. In the formation of N2+ from N2, the electron is lost from:
(A) a σ-orbital
(B) a π-orbital
(C) a σ∗-orbital
(D) a π∗-orbital
Answer: a σ-orbital.
5. Which of the following two are isostructural?
(B) NH3, BF3
(C) CO3^2−, SO3^2−
(D) PCl5, ICl5
6. Which has 𝑠𝑝2-hybridization?
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs (SET D)
1. In benzene ,Acetic acid exists as dimer due to:
(A) Condensation reaction
(B) Hydrogen bonding
(C) Presence of carboxyl group
(D) None of these
Answer: Hydrogen bonding.
2. Which has zero dipole moment?
3. Two lone pairs of electrons and two bond pairs are present in:
4. The type of hybridization of sulphuratom in SO2 and SO3 .
(A) 𝑠𝑝, 𝑠𝑝2
(B) 𝑠𝑝2, 𝑠𝑝2
(C) 𝑠𝑝2, 𝑠𝑝3
(D) 𝑠𝑝, 𝑠𝑝3
Answer: 𝑠𝑝2, 𝑠𝑝2.
5. Dipole moment is exhibited by:
(A) 1, 4-dichlorobenzene
(B) 1, 2-dichlorobenzene
(C) 𝑇𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑠-1, 2-dichloroethene
(D) None of these
Answer: 1, 2-dichlorobenzene.
6. In which molecule all atoms are coplanar?
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs (SET E)
1. Find the species has a linear shape?
2. In which of the following molecules/ions are all the bonds not equal?
3. According to MO theory, which of the following lists ranks the nitrogen species in terms of increasing bond order?
(A) N2− < N2 2− < N2
(B) N2− < N2 < N2 2−
(C) N2^2− < N2− < N2
(D) N2 < N2^2− < N2−
Answer: N2^2− < N2− < N2.
4. Hybridization state of I in ICl^2+ is:
5. Dipole-dipole attractive forces are strongest between the molecules of:
6. The pair of elements which on combination are most likely to form an ionic compound is:
(A) Na and Ca
(B) K and O2
(C) O2 and Cl2
(D) Al and I2
Answer: K and O2.
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs (SET F)
1. A molecule which cannot exist theoretically is:
2. Which has an odd electron and shows paramagnetic character?
4. Which species has lone pair on central atom?
5. The dipole moment of CHCl3 is 1.05 debye while that of CCl4 is zero, because CCl4 is:
(D) Regular tetrahedral
Answer: Regular tetrahedral.
6. Which of the following species is tetrahedral?
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs (SET G)
1. The Total number of right angles in trigonal bipyramidal geometry is/are ?
2. Correct order of lattice energy is
(A) NaF < NaCl
(B) Na2O < MgO
(C) Al2O3 < MgO
(D) All of these
Answer: Al2O3 < MgO.
3. Which of the following possess the least covalent character?
4. Which of the following has the zero bond order (non existing species) ?
5. Incorrect for NH4+
(A) Four N–H bonds are present
(B) Tetrahedral in shape
(C) Two type of N–H bond lengths are present
(D) Bond angle is 109.5º
Answer: Two type of N–H bond lengths are present
6. How many lone pairs are present on central atom in PCl5.
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs (SET H)
1. Correct for NO2 is:
(A) Linear shape
(C) sp2 hybridised nitrogen
(D) Bond angle is 117.5
Answer: sp2 hybridised nitrogen.
2. Pair of species which does not exist
(A) NCl5, PCl5
(B) OF6, ClF3
(C) XeH4, XeF2
(D) PBr6–, SiCl62–
Answer: PBr6–, SiCl62–.
3. Average Bond order of C – O bond in CO32– will be
4. The compound which contains both ionic and covalent bonds is:
5. In which of the given change, bond angle at central atom is not changed ?
(A) AlCl3 —> AlCl4–
(B) BF3 —> BF4–
(C) NH3 —> NH4+
(D) CH4 —> CF4
Answer: CH4 —> CF4.
6. Bad conductor of electricity is solid NaCI because :
(A) There is no mobility in solid NaCl ions
(C) directional bonds and low-boiling Points
(D) high solubilities in polar and non-polar solvents
Answer: high solubilities in polar and non-polar solvents.
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs (SET I)
1. Strongest π bond is formed by:
(A) 3pπ – 3pπ
(B) 2pπ – 2pπ
(C) 3dπ – 3dπ
(D) 3dπ – 3pπ
Answer: 2pπ – 2pπ.
2. Which of the following contains both covalent and ionic bond?
3. The group having triangular planar structures is:
(A) BF3, NF3, CO32–
(B) CO3^2–, NO3–, SO3
(C) O2, N2
Answer: CO3^2–, NO3–, SO3.
4. The compound MX4 is tetrahedral. The number of LXMX formed in the compound are
5. In piperidine , the hybrid state assumed by N is
6. Amongst LiCl, RbCl, BeCl2 and MgCl2 the compounds with the greatest and the least ionic character, respectively are:
(A) LiCl and RbCl
(B) RbCl and BeCl2
(C) MgCl2 and BeCl2
(D) RbCl and MgCl2
Answer: RbCl and BeCl2.
We hope you liked our Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs. If you have any queries regarding Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure MCQs , drop a comment below and we will reply to you at the earliest.