Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 States of Matter MCQs
These CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 States of Matter MCQs are prepared by our Chemistry Expert. By practicing following MCQs, students will be able to quickly revise all the concepts of the CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 States of Matter MCQs. Additionally, CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 States of Matter MCQs will be helpful for JEE And NEET Aspirants.
Refer to our Chemistry class 11 MCQs for scoring Excellent Marks in your Exams.
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 States of Matter MCQs (SET A)
1. 4.4 g of CO2 contains how many liters of CO2 at S.T.P.?
(A) 2.4 L
(B) 2.24 L
(C) 44 L
(D) 22.4 L
Answer: 2.24 L.
2. If the volume of given mass of a gas at constant temperature becomes three times, then pressure will be (assume initial pressure is P atm)
(C) 9 P
3. If 300 ml a gas a 27ºC is cooled to 7ºC at constant pressure, its final volume will be
(A) 135 ml
(B) 540 ml
(C) 350 ml
(D) 280 ml
Answer: 280 ml.
4. At at constant pressure, what should be the percentage increase in the temperature in kelvin for a 10% increase in volume?
5. The density of O2(g) is maximum at
(B) 273 K and 2 atm
(C) 546 K and 1 atm
(D) 546 K and 2 atm
Answer: 273 K and 2 atm.
6. The pressure of sodium vapour in a 1L container is 10 torr at 1000ºC. How many atoms are in container?
(A) 9.7 × 10^17
(B) 7.6 × 10^19
(C) 4.2 × 10^17
(D) 9.7 × 10^19
Answer: 7.6 × 10^19.
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 States of Matter MCQs (SET B)
1. A gas is found to have a density of 1.80g/liter at 1 atm pressure and 27ºC. The gas will be
2. The pressure of 2 mol of ideal gas at 546 K having volume of 44.8 L is
(B) 3 atm
(C) 4 atm
(D) 1 atm
3. 0.5m/s is the average velocity of an ideal gas molecule at 27ºC , the average velocity at 927ºC will be
(B) 0.3 m/s
(D) 1.5 m/s
5. Find the correct option ,Kinetic energy per mole of an ideal gas
(A) Is proportional to temperature
(B) Independent of temperature
(C) Directly proportional to the square root of temperature
(D) Is zero at 0ºC
Answer: Is proportional to temperature.
6. The average velocity of a gas molecule is 400 m/s. The rms velocity at the same temperature will be
(A) 550 m/s
(B) 434 m/s
(C) 750 m/s
(D) 350 m/s
Answer: 434 m/s.
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 States of Matter MCQs (SET C)
1. According to the rules of kinetic theory of gases, the gases exert the pressure due to
(A) Collision of gas molecules
(B) The random movement of gas molecules
(C) The intermolecular forces of attraction between the gas molecules
(D) The collision of gas molecules against the walls of container
Answer: The collision of gas molecules against the walls of container.
2. Compressibility factor for an ideal gas is
3. The unit of van der Waal’s constant ‘a’ is
(A) atm litre mol–1
(B) atm litre2 mol
(C) atm litre2 mol–2
(D) litre mol–1
Answer: atm litre2 mol–2.
4. A real gas will approach ideal behavior at
(A) Low temperature and low pressure
(B) High pressure and low temperature
(C) High temperature and high pressure
(D) High temperature and low pressure
Answer: High temperature and low pressure/
5. Consider a gas which is real gas placed in a container and the intermolecular attractions are supposed
to disappear suddenly then find , which of the following would happen?
(A) The pressure decreases
(B) The pressure increases
(C) The pressure remains uncharged
(D) The gas collapses
Answer: The pressure increases.
6. Rate of diffusion is directly proportional to
(B) Partial pressure
(C) Molar mass of gas
(D) All of these
Answer: Partial pressure.
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 States of Matter MCQs (SET D)
1. An ideal gas cannot be liquefy because
(A) The intermolecular forces of attraction between the gaseous molecules are negligible
(B) The critical temperature is very high
(C) The van der Waal’s constant
(D) All of these
Answer: All of these.
2. The S.I. unit of pressure is :
3. Which state of matter has maximum thermal energy ?
(A) Gaseous state
(B) Solid state
(C) Liquid state
(D) All have same thermal energy
Answer: Gaseous state.
4. A scientific instrument used to measure air pressure is called :
5. The simplest state of matter is :
(A) Solid state
(B) Liquid state
(C) Gaseous state
(D) Plasma state
Answer: Gaseous state.
6. The net effect of ……… and ………. decides the state of matter.
(A) Volume , mass
(B) Intermolecular forces, thermal energy
(C) Pressure , number of moles
(D) The state of a matter does not depend upon any factor
Answer: Intermolecular forces, thermal energy.
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 States of Matter MCQs (SET E)
1. The total number of elements which exist as gases under normal conditions:
2. In which of the following thermal energy > molecular attraction?
(D) None of these
3. The C.G.S., S.I. and commonly used units of volume respectively are:
(A) cm3, m3 and L
(B) m3, cm3 and L
(C) L, cm3 and m3
(D) L, m3 and cm3
Answer: cm3, m3 and L.
4. What is the value of 27°C in kelvin temperature?
(B) 300 K
(C) 27 K
(D) 400 K
Answer: 300 K.
5. 1 atm = _ bar:
6. S.I. unit of temperature is?
(D) Both (A) and (B)
Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 States of Matter MCQs (SET F)
1. How many atoms are there in 1 mol of CO2 gas if the Avogadro number in N?
2. The volume of 2.2 g CO2 at 27o C and 570 mm pressure is –
(A) 4.83 L
(B) 0.82 L
(C) 3.82 L
(D) 1.64 L
Answer: 1.64 L.
3. There are 22,400 cm3 in a mole of any gas at STP. How many cm3 are there in 0.05 mole of a gas at STP?
(A) 448 cm3
(B) 112 cm3
(C) 1120 cm3
(D) 44800 cm3
Answer: 1120 cm3.
4. For an ideal gas ,what is the shape of a P-T curve ?
(A) Straight line
Answer: Straight line.
5. 88 grams of CO2 at 27o C is applying 5 atm pressure, what is the volume occupied by it?
(A) 5.6 liter
(B) 7.9 liter
(C) 9.8 liter
(D) 12.2 liter
Answer: 9.8 liter.
We hope you liked our CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 States of Matter MCQs. If you have any queries regarding CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5 States of Matter MCQs, drop a comment below and we will reply to you at the earliest.