CBSE Class 12 Physics Chapter 2 Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance MCQs. These MCQs of Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance chapter are prepared by our Physics Expert. By practising following MCQs, students will be able to quickly revise all the concepts of the chapter.
Additionally, these MCQs of Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance will be helpfull for JEE And NEET Aspirants. These MCQs on Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance chapter are prepared as per the latest curriculum issued by the CBSE.
CBSE Class 12 Physics Chapter 2 Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance MCQs
1. The potential at
the centre of the hexagon if, hexagon of side 8 𝑐m has a charge
4𝜇 at each of its vertices.
(a) 2.7 × 10^6 𝑉
(b) 7.2 × 10^11 𝑉
(c) 2.5 × 10^12 𝑉
(d) 3.4 × 10^4 𝑉
Answer: 3.4 × 10^4 𝑉
2. The potential difference between 𝐴 and 𝐵 if ,Two points A and B are located in
diametrically opposite directions of a point
charge of +2𝜇 at distances 2𝑚𝑚 and 1𝑚𝑚
respectively from it.
(a) 3 × 10^3 𝑉
(b) 6 × 10^4 𝑉
(c) −9 × 10^3 𝑉
(d) −3 × 10^3 𝑉
Answer: −9 × 10^3 𝑉
3. What is the potential difference and which point is at a
higher potential, When a 2 𝜇C charge is carried from point A to point B, the amount of work done is 50 μ J by the electric field
(a) 25 V, B
(b) 25 V, A
(c) 20 V, B
(d) both are at same potential
Answer: 25 V, A
4. Two electric charges 12 𝜇 and −6 𝜇
are placed 20 𝑐m apart in air. There will be
a point 𝑃 on the line joining these charges
and outside the region between them, at
which the electric potential is zero. The
distance of 𝑃 from − 6 𝜇 charge is
(a) 0.10 m
(b) 0.15 m
(c) 0.20 m
(d) 0.25 m
Answer: 0.20 m
5. The magnitude of
the electric field if ,Electric potential at any point is 𝑉 =−5𝑥 + 3𝑦+ √15𝑧
6. An electric field of 100 𝑉𝑚−1 exists
along 𝑥-axis. The potential difference
between a point 𝐴 (− 1𝑚𝑚, 0) and 𝐵(+3𝑚𝑚, 0)
(a) 200 𝑉
(b) − 200 𝑉
(c) 400 𝑉
(d) – 400 𝑉
Answer: − 200 𝑉
7. Then electric force
acting on 2 coulomb point charge placed on origin will be if Electric potential is given by 𝑉 = 6𝑥 −8𝑥𝑦2 − 8𝑦+ 6𝑦− 4𝑥2.
8. Find the intensity of electrical field at a distance of 3𝑟 from its centre will beThe radius of a hollow metallic
sphere is 𝑟. If the 𝑝. 𝑑. between its surface
and a point is V from its centre at distance 3𝑟 .
9. Distance of 2cm from the centre of the sphere if A hollow metal sphere of radius 5 𝑐m is charged such that the potential on its
surface is 10 𝑉. Find the potential?
(b) 10 V
(c) 4 V
(d) 10/3 V
Answer: 10 V
10. What is the angle between electric
field and equipotential surface?
(a) 90° always
(b) 0° always
(c) 0° to 90°
(d) 0° to 180°
Answer: 90° always
11. When the separation between two
charges is increased, the electric potential
energy of the system of charges
(c) remains the same
(d) may increase or decreases
12. On which of the factors,capacity of parallel plate condenser depends on:
(a) The type of metal used
(b) The thickness of plates
(d) The distance between the plates
Answer: The distance between the plates
13. Find radius of the outer sphere if ,the capacitance of a spherical condenser is 1μf. If the spacing between the two sphere is 1mm.
14. In order to have same capacity as a sphere of radius 1m if the distance between the circular plates of a parallel
plate condenser 40mm in diameter.
(c) 1.0 mm
(d) 10 mm
15. On increasing the distance
between the plates of a parallel plate condenser ,The true statement is
(a) Between the plates electric intensity will
(b) The plates electric intensity will increase
(c) remain unchanged
(d) Between the plates P.D will decrease
Answer: remain unchanged
16. Find the radius if capacitance of a metallic sphere will be 1μf .
17. If the distance between the plates is doubled and area
is halved, then new capacitance will if ,the capacitance of a parallel plate condenser is 12μf.
18. A charge +Q is placed at origin. Find the work done in
taking another point charge +q from (2a,0) to (a,0)
19. If Potential at A is 100 J/C and 20 J of work has to be
done in moving 5C of charge from A to B .Find Potential at B
a) 80 J/C
b) 104 J/C
c) 96 J/C
d) 120 J/C
Answer: 120 J/C
We hope you liked our MCQs on Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance Class 12 Physics Chapter 2.
Class 12 Chemistry Links:
Class 12 Physics Links: